Thursday, October 23, 2008

Auburn/West Virginia Live Blog

7:54pm: What is it with posterboard cut outs in West Virginia? Do you not want us to actually see anything but your face? Does it make you cooler to hide behind that drawing of Bert and Ernie? I know they are your heroes, but damn...

7:53 pm: Dear ESPN: For all future Erin Andrews sideline reports, please make sure we get a camera on her....It's bad enough I have to listen to Lou Holtz, at least let me see Erin.


7:37pm: Please take a moment of silence for Chris Todd at this point. Somewhere in Auburn, he is pounding whiskey and telling everyone stories of the first part of the year when he was the Auburn QB. "You see that QB Draw? I coulda done that...fuck it, who am I kiddin...gimme another beer".

7:24pm:
West Virginia people are scary. Its not normal to kill a raccoon and wear it on your head to a football game. Somewhere, there is a trailor park empty in Morgantown. I want to know what they cook at tailgates up there. What is a quick and easy way to prepare armadillo? Do you bring one with you or do you hope to hit one on the way to the stadium?

7:06pm:
Well this is going to be a short game. 20 plays? Wow...It may not be pretty but I don't think we're gonna see much of the spread from the Auburn tonight. Pat White can't beat ya if he's not on the field. By the way, Chris Berman is officially the most annoying sportscaster of all time. Why the hell is he on NutriSystem commercials? When I think of "in shape" people I wanna look like, Chris Berman isn't on the top of my list. Oh yeah, by the way, Fat Boy Season has officially begun for those who celebrate it...and this year is off to a resounding start so far.

6:49pm:
Tommy Turberville looks cold. Let's take a moment to think about the good things that have come from West Virginia....ummmm....the filming of Silence of the Lambs and The X Files...coal, lots of coal....oh yeah, and Mr. Sunshine on my God Damn Shoulder John Denver himself. Take me home country roads.

6:30pm:
Why does ESPN do this to me? All i wanna do is sit back and enjoy a good football game. I hear the familiar Thursday night voice of Chris Fowler and then *BAM* they are in the studio..wait wait, no that can't mean that..."And now calling the game, Mark May, Rece Davis, and Lou Fucking Holtz". Really guys? I hope Ssssenderick Marks has a great game just to hear Holtz try to pronounce his name. This is gonna be fun. I'm gonna grab a beer.

6:15pm:
20 minues from kickoff and we have returned from Mike and Ed's BBQ with a mountain of food. Its always a good sign when you have exactly as many to go bags as you do people. And no, this is not Raccoon meat we're eatin here...we'll save that for Steve.

Well fans, 2 of your average southern joes and your favorite average southern jane are camped out in Tuscaloosa on a dreary cold evening preparing to watch the Tigers and Mountaineers do battle. We will be bringing you all the events live here on ASJ.com...a first for us. This should be fun....

Heath/Trey/Chelsea

No comments: